- SPARK AN IDEA
- STARTING UP
- GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- LEADERSHIP & STRATEGY
- sales & marketing
most recent articles
most popular articles
How Internet Users Will Spend Their Time in 2012 [Infographic]
Every moment of our lives nowadays is related to an internet act, a fact clearly demonstrated by this infographic, which examines five primary domains of the internet usage: E-commerce, Gaming, Video, Social Media and Mobile.
Here are some of the major findings:
- The internet usage increased by 121% in the last 5 years only and will continue to do it in 2012.
- Accessing internet via mobile phones will grow also as the total mobile internet users will reach 113.9 million users, 40% of them accessing social media content.
- Facebook will continue to lead social media use with more than 30 billion pieces of content and more than 3 billion photos uploaded monthly. Two out of three internet users will use social media and 90% of them will be on Facebook.
- Females between 14 and 39 will continue to dominate social media.
- 53% of the world population will watch videos online, with men continuing to be the heaviest online video users. Online games will remain the second most popular online destination.
- In 2012, online buyers will reach 154.6 million, up from 4.4% in 2011. Books will be the #1 product bought. Accounting for more than 44% of online shopping.
Click on the photo or here for enlarged image.
subscribe to Wamda newsletter
Do you know an entrepreneurial story that needs to be told?
Blog from your Wamda profile or tell us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org