- SPARK AN IDEA
- STARTING UP
- GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- LEADERSHIP & STRATEGY
- sales & marketing
most recent articles
most popular articles
SeedStartup Demo Day in Dubai
SeedStartup, Dubai-based international startup accelerator and seed fund, announced details of the Startup Demo Day event to be held at Make Business hub in Dubai on September 20th. The day will feature startups graduating from SeedStartup and it is a closed invitation event.
Rony El Nashar, founder and Managing Partner of SeedStartup, said to Wamda: "this event is designed for startups that SeedStartup has already invested in in the first round; and we are now helping them to get more investments to accelerate their growth and help them scale".
Startups graduating from SeedStartup's program will pitch to regional and international investors and venture capitalists. This will be followed by informal one-on-one communication and networking sessions that are full of fun and entertainment and aim at meeting a large number of influential people who will help startup companies in further developing their businesses.
If we screen the startups participating in the event, we can tell that they are a mix of companies scattered all over the world, in the US, Italy, Britain, Bahrain, Tanzania, Malaysia and others. The organizers expect the participation of over 100 entrepreneurs, investors and innovators from Silicon Valley to Abu Dhabi.
The startups that will participate in the Day are:
- SteadyFare: a company based in the US that offers services to air travelers by letting them lock-in their airfare prices months in advance.
- Locuming: a company based in the US and UK that enables healthcare business owners to connect directly with the employees to specify shifts and organize them.
- TaxiMonger: based in Malaysia, it consists of a mobile application for taxi booking that facilitates customer transportation and generates more profits for taxi drivers.
- MediaGraph: a company based in the UK that offers PR to companies in order to enhance their connections with journalists and bloggers.
- Metwit: based in Italy, it has an application that generates tags about the weather as well as data from twitter and Instagram to draw a weather map and send automatic notifications about the bad weather conditions.
- Rasello: based in Tanzania, and is a platform that sends SMS about offers and discounts from companies and services that the customers are interested in.
- Exa Technologies: based in Bahrain, this startup offers rendering services for animation movies faster than any computer and thus saves the cost and trouble of equipping a private studio.
El Nashar adds: "we have an entrepreneur who stopped his master’s studies in Wharton University to come to SeedStartup and work as a full timer on his startup company. This is one of many success stories and there are many reasons that make entrepreneurs come to the region; in addition to the fact that they find global accelerators like ours and meet mentors and trainers from all over the world".
SeedStartup launched in 2011, and it sees new startups graduating twice a year after a three-month training in Dubai during which they are provided with the technical support and direct supervision as well as investments that reach 25000 dollars per company.
Alaa works as Arabic editor/writer at Wamda. Holds a Master degree in Interior Architecture from Lebanese university and curently studying graphic design. Founder of U-harass.org and blogger at Einshtein.org. He is on Twitter @AlaaChehayeb, Facebook and LinkedIn.
subscribe to Wamda newsletter
Do you know an entrepreneurial story that needs to be told?
Blog from your Wamda profile or tell us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org