- Fundraising & Support
- Sectors & Trends
Scaling & Growth
Marketing & Social Media
Infographics & data
most recent articles
most popular articles
Palestinian Platform Helps Arab Students Find International Scholarships
Improving education is the goal of every government in the Arab world today. Yet rather than wait for governments and political situations to change, two Palestinian entrepreneurs from Nablus are taking education into their own hands with Scholarshiper, an online platform that helps connect Arab students to international scholarships.
"We care about delivering the complete information to the student including the amount of fund offered, where to apply, and what the required papers are," says Hojeir.
As it trawls the web, the platform uses specific keywords to determine the topics, nationalities allowed, scholarship amounts, and availability to Arab students. The Min7a team then monitors and verifies posts before they are published.To keep students up to date, the platform offers RSS services and publishes all scholarships on its Facebook and Twitter channels.
Although Hajeer and Dweikat first built the site in 2010, they relaunched in 2012 with a new focus on content describing each scholarship and partnerships with international universities.
7ikayati also offers advice from those who have been accepted, in hopes of helping applicants find success. Offering advice is essential, says Hajeer, as in his experience many Arab students don't read carefully and are not patient enough; many want to get the scholarship quickly without any efforts. A lack of Arab students in scientific research centers, however, signals a huge opportunity.
- Don't give up if your first trial fails; you might need to apply to over 20 programs to be accepted.
- Keep your CV and recommendation letters ready because some scholarships pop up very quickly with short deadlines.
- Strengthen your English language skills for foreign applications and interviews.
- Subscribe to programs that help prep students present for scholarships.
- Start looking now, especially if you are a graduate student and you are planning to continue your studies abroad.
subscribe to Wamda newsletter
Do you know an entrepreneurial story that needs to be told?
Blog from your Wamda profile or tell us about it at email@example.com