The Website is a site created and operated by Abraaj Capital and its subsidiary Riyada Enterprise Development, RIYADAH LITATWEER AL-A’MAL LTD. CO. (a wholly owned Subsidiary of the ABRAAJ Group) registered in Jordan under company number 9881 and have the registered office at P.O. Box 8156, Amman, 11121 Jordan. The main trading address is Suite D, 8th floor, Abraj Al-Hijaz Building, Mecca Street. This is a Limited Company.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
▪ in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
▪ in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
▪ for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
▪ to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (below);
▪ to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
▪ to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
▪ not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
▪ any part of the Website;
▪ any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
▪ any software used in the provision of the Website; or
▪ any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including, without limitation:
▪ chat rooms;
▪ bulletin boards;
▪ twitter feeds;
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Website (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
▪ be accurate (where they state facts);
▪ be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
▪ comply with applicable law in the [United Arab Emirates] and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
▪ contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
▪ contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
▪ promote sexually explicit material;
▪ promote violence;
▪ promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
▪ infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
▪ be likely to deceive any person;
▪ be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
▪ promote any illegal activity;
▪ be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
▪ be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
▪ be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
▪ give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
▪ advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
▪ immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website;
▪ immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
▪ issue of a warning to you;
▪ legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
▪ further legal action against you; and/or
▪ disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
Abraaj Capital and its subsidiary Riyada Enterprise Development, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Wamda.com (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a pa13ssword which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those available on the Website. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.