- Oman’s SME sector that contributes 60% of GDP and employ 70% of the local workforce.
- Loans to small businesses account for less than 5% of local banks’ credit portfolios.
- Oman’s economy is based oil and associated products, which account for 50% of GDP.
- Oman’s government has launched a diversification drive which it hopes will reduce the oil sector to just 9 per cent of GDP.
- Since 2004, non-oil related GDP has tripled from US$2.1 billion to US$6.4 billion.
- Expatriate workers compose up to 80 per cent of Oman’s entire workforce.