- Fundraising & Support
- Sectors & Trends
Scaling & Growth
Marketing & Social Media
Infographics & data
most recent articles
most popular articles
MEVP announces a $50 million fund and 6 new investments
Today, we're seeing the impact of the new policy in the Lebanese ecosystem. At tech conference Arabnet, venture capital firm Middle East Venture Partners (MEVP) announced a new fund that will leverage funding from eight Lebanese banks to offer a total of $50 million in investment to startups that are incorporated out of Lebanon.
"We're very excited about it because it's a game changer for us in terms of capital availability and being able to attract capital into the VC space," Mansour told Wamda. "It's a good validation of our work over the past three to four years."
- $1 million in Potential, the business consultancy that now focuses on online business learning platforms and massive open online courses (MOOCs), with offices in Beirut and Dubai.
- $ 1 million in Fadel Partners, an Intellectual Property management software that currently measures and monetizes over $10 billion in retail sales.
- $600,000 in element^n, the company that owns Apstrata, a backend-as-a-service (BaaS) platform, and recently supported the creation of touch Lebanon's new app store.
- A $500,000 series A round in Lamsa, a platform for Arabic digital edutainment content for children.
- An undisclosed amount in Instabug, the Egyptian applications that helps developers to easily report and submit bugs in mobile apps.
- An undisclosed amount in Bnooki, a price comparison platform for financial products and services.
subscribe to Wamda newsletter
Do you know an entrepreneurial story that needs to be told?
Blog from your Wamda profile or tell us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org