RescueTime is a Time Management application that helps you manage your employees' time and motivation in order to maximize your company's productivity.
The most valuable resource in the modern workplace is the time and attention of its employees, yet most businesses (even those that use timesheets) have only the vaguest notion of how this resource is spent. With automated employee time tracking you gain the following benefits:
- You can identify employees who are overworking or not aren't working very hard
- You can identify employees who are undertasked but are afraid to speak up about it
- You can identify employees who are unmotivated
- You can see how environment variables in the work place effect aggregate productivty. For example, when a team doubles in size, how does that change how people spend their time? How has productivity changed since you changed the layout of the office? What would happen if you instituted a "no email on Fridays" policy?
- You can identify the web sites that are expensive distractions for your team
- You can understand which software is actually being utilized by your team
Workplace Transparency Benefits
For teams with a high level of trust, we recommend using RescueTime "in the open". This can allow employees to see how they spend their own time compared to their average peer, or can extend further to allow your team to look at how other individuals spend their time. Workplace transparency like this has powerful ramifications for the workplace. These include:
- Increased productivity. Virtually everyone feels that they work harder than the majority of their coworkers. Approximately half of them are wrong. When employees can see how they spend their time, they often feel more accountable. It's the equivalent of being able to see a credit card statement