Every moment of our lives nowadays is related to an internet act, a fact clearly demonstrated by this infographic, which examines five primary domains of the internet usage: E-commerce, Gaming, Video, Social Media and Mobile.
Here are some of the major findings:
- The internet usage increased by 121% in the last 5 years only and will continue to do it in 2012.
- Accessing internet via mobile phones will grow also as the total mobile internet users will reach 113.9 million users, 40% of them accessing social media content.
- Facebook will continue to lead social media use with more than 30 billion pieces of content and more than 3 billion photos uploaded monthly. Two out of three internet users will use social media and 90% of them will be on Facebook.
- Females between 14 and 39 will continue to dominate social media.
- 53% of the world population will watch videos online, with men continuing to be the heaviest online video users. Online games will remain the second most popular online destination.
- In 2012, online buyers will reach 154.6 million, up from 4.4% in 2011. Books will be the #1 product bought. Accounting for more than 44% of online shopping.
Click on the photo or here for enlarged image.