Strathclyde 100 started in Glasgow in 2003 and has had strong results in the UK including grant funding, mentor relationships and introductions to exclusive networks. On its 10th anniversary, it kicks off its inaugural edition in Dubai, in partnership with the Dubai Alumni Chapter.
Strathclyde encourages an open dialogue on UAE start-ups and invites the SME community to bolster the growing entrepreneurial network in Dubai. The event will take place on March 16th and will include pitches from Strathclyde alumni (below) and a keynote address by Nabil Alyousuf.
- 5.30pm Registration
- 6.00pm Opening Remarks from University Principal, Professor Sir Jim McDonald
- Keynote Address
- Pitches from Strathclyde Entrepreneurs
- 8.00pm Business Networking over Buffet Dinner
An investor and entrepreneur, Nabil is the Chairman of Nabil Alyousuf & Associates and a partner in Al Jal Capital, a UAE based private equity firm that specialises in investing in ventures in the Middle East. In 2010 Nabil was chosen as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and among his many qualifications he holds an MBA from the University of Strathclyde.
- Biogelx - a new University spin-out that was created to commercialise advances in recently patented, bio-inspired tuneable peptide gels.
- AP Ltd - a recently established alumni-run company set up to deliver drilling well solutions and analysis to the oil and gas industry in the UAE.
- Ohmedics Ltd - a University spin-out commercialising a product which monitors moisture in wound dressings.
- AHCM - an alumni-led capital management company which focuses on the development of budget hospitality products within Sub-Saharan Africa.
Though this is event is primarily for Strathclyde alumni, interested entrepreneurs can send an email to s100[at]strath.ac.uk to check availability. For more information about the event, click here.