The Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development is organizing the first Techno-preneur Competition in UAE, in partnership with Abu Dhabi University, and is accepting applications untill February 26th 2014. Apply here.
This competition is considered as an an accelerator program to help technology-based entrepreneurs take the first step towards initiating their innovative ventures.
- Exploring technology-based business ideas.
- Short listed teams will attend a workshop to develop a business model.
- 3 winning teams will get seed funding in addition to short incubation to develop prototype at the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center at Abu Dhabi University.
- Winning teams will then get in the process of being funded by Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development to launch their enterprises. (conditions apply)
- Individuals or groups of young entrepreneurs holding an innovative technology-based idea and looking to transform it to a viable business.
- At least 50% of any group should be of UAE citizens.
- Groups should be located in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi or nearby areas.