SLUSH+Startup Sauna Pitching & Networking in Beirut
For the first time, startups and tech companies in Lebanon have an opportunity to join the world-class one-month accelerator program at Startup Sauna in Helsinki, a top-rated startup accelerator, plus an opportunity to attend and pitch at SLUSH, one of the hottest startup+investor matchmaking events in Europe. The program is highly competitive, with startups applying from around the world, and 22 recruitment sessions this spring across Europe, Russia, Nairobi, Qatar, Kazakhstan, and now LEBANON.
*** SLUSH+Startup Sauna IN BEIRUT ***
Monday, April 14, 2014, 4pm-10pm
Location: AltCity, Hamra Street
APPLY ONLINE BY APRIL 9. Participating teams will be notified by April 12.
>> APPLY HERE
*** April 14 SLUSH+Startup Sauna in Beirut Agenda (all is open to public participation) ***
• 4-6pm: Startups, advisors, investors, and the startup ecosystem are invited to AltCity to network and discuss.
• 6pm-7:30pm: Startup Pitches & Feedback. Maximum 8 startups pitching, with 4-minute pitches, 5 minutes for Q&A. It is key for startups to explain their upcoming steps, challenge(s), and need(s) in the pitch.
• 7:30pm-9pm: Startup mentor/support sessions on different tables.
• 9pm: Startup ecosystem happy hour & networking!
Come meet our Finnish guests, network, and pitch your startup. (This event is open to the public and the wider startup ecosystem, but startups must apply in advance to be selected to pitch at the event and to be eligible for the Startup Sauna acceleration program.) While all attendees will have a chance to give feedback to startups, due to time constraints there is a Feedback Panel that will have priority for questions during the pitches.
The Feedback Panel includes:
- Martin Talvari: Slush and Startup Sauna
- Ceren Kumbasar: SLUSH Istanbul Coach, journalist, entrepreneur
- Zeina Mouallem: Berytech
- Fadi Bizri: Bader Young Entrepreneurs Program
- Abdallah Jabbour: Lebanon For Entrepreneurs
- Samer Azar: AltCity
Check the SLUSH Facebook event page for all the information.