Design company Pixheart recently published an infographic about e-commerce in the Saudi market, with information about how the current state of the market and how it is expected to grow in the coming years.
Here are a few interesting facts to pull out:
- The e-commerce market share in Saudi will hit $13.3 billion USD in 2015
- Cash on delivery (COD) is the dominant payment method, at 75%
- Online retail is expected to account for up to 8% of Saudi Arabia's total retail market in 2015
- 25% of Saudi internet users are already active in e-commerce
- Arabic is the dominant language in the e-commerce spaceElectronics are the most popular purchase made online
- Regional Arabic e-stores are preferred over their foreign counterparts