Under the patronage of H.E. the Minister of Commerce and Trade, Dr. Alain Hakim, the Lebanese Management Association (LMA) and Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group are organizing the “Innovation in Family Business Forum” that will take place on December 11, 2014 at the Four Seasons Hotel - Beirut.
The Forum will shed light on the strategic importance of innovation for the success and sustainability of family businesses, and will host a select group of experts and owners of successful family businesses in Lebanon to address the following topics:
Session 1: Tradition vs. Innovation: Setting the Right Direction in Family Business
- Hindrances of innovation in family firms
- Advantages of innovation in family firms
Session 2: Governance in Family Businesses: The Innovative Role of the Board of Directors
- Evaluation of the company’s innovation strategy.
- Examining top management performance on determined innovation factors.
- Review of the innovation efforts effectiveness.
Session 3: Family Culture and Innovation in Family Enterprises
- The importance of family-based culture in attaining the competitive edge through innovation.
- The attributes of family-based culture that nurture innovation and provide a comfortable innovative environment in workplace.
Session 4: Business Model Innovation Practices
This session hosts young generation family members of prominent Lebanese family enterprises with confirmed record of innovation in business model to talk about:
- Their practical experience in implementing Business Model Innovation.
- Their impressions about benefits of innovating business models of their firms.
This Forum is expected to attract wide participation on the part of owners, executives, advisors and managers of family businesses, as well as suppliers and service providers for family firms, including executives of banks and insurance companies.
For more information or for registration, make sure you visit this page.