In today’s fast-paced, dynamic market environment, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) undoubtedly play a vital role. As an economy that has heavily depended on its oil sector, the Sultanate of Oman is now actively pursuing a development plan focusing on diversification, industrialisation and privatisation, with special attention being paid to encourage young Omanis to enter the SMEs sector. Held on the 13-14 September at Al Bustan palace at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, this year's Oman SME summit will feature 36 speakers and 150 delegates.
The conference will highlight myriad possibilities and prospects for the SME sector Showcase options in the Omani economy. It aims to do the following:
- Showcase the tremendous untapped potential the SME sector holds
- Bring about a change in the attitude towards SMEs
- Inculcate a grass-root level entrepreneurship mindset amongst locals
- Create new provisions for financing of SMEs
- Revision in Government strategies pertaining to SMEs for Omanization
- Showcase the status of past and ongoing SME Programs and Funds in Oman
Registration will be on the first day of the conference.