“Re-configuring the Arab Region and its Global Space beyond Political Economy and Security Threats” is imperative and timely for a region in rapid and historic transformation. Beirut Institute Summit is a collaborative initiative to proactively influence future policies of the Arab region. The 2-day summit will be held on October 10 & 11, 2015 at the St. Regis Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Beirut Institute will host political leaders, senior policy makers, prominent thinkers, major CEOs, and civil society leaders to reflect on different tracks of transformation in the Arab region and to put forward actionableits global space. Designed as an Arab Brain Trust and a collective of expertise, Beirut Institute will provide a dynamic platform for enlightened thinkers to shape the debate and develop influential policy options and strategies pertaining to Global Policy, Governance, Innovation, Women, Youth Aspirations and Education. You can check the agenda here.
The policy circles aim at the following:
- Reconfiguring the Arab region and its global space beyond political economy and security threats
- Developing innovative and constructive policy options
- Proposing actionable ideas and recommendations for policy makers
- Enlightening and engaging the public in the proposed solutions
Session One, titled "What Does it Take? A Youth’s Take", will be webcast. It will feature seven young pioneers participating with a one-minute message on the theme of the summit. The propsed voices are:
- Murshed Mohamed, CEO of Yebab.com in UAE
- Habib Haddad, CEO of Wamda and Founder of Yamli in Lebanon
- Nadine Labaki, Lebanese Film Director and Actor
- Jehane Noujaim, Egyptian Film Director
- Amira Yahyaoui, President of Al Bawsala in Tunisia
- Ala’ Al Sallal, Founder of Jamalon
- Ola Doudin, Cofounder at BitOasis
*This session is on the record and webcast live.
The Summit aims to:
- Inspire leaders with policies, solutions and ideas for enhanced decisions on how to reconfigure the Arab region and its global space
- Create a multi-disciplinary, multi-sector and intergenerational platform for collaboration on future policies
- Launch a smart discussion with international policy leaders on critical matters of transformation occurring in the region
The Co-chairs of the summit are:
-HRH Prince Turki Al Faisal Chairman of King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Iraqi Finance Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Bahrain Foreign Minister
-Sheikh Khaled Bin Ahmad Al Khalifa, UAE Ambassador to Washington Yousef Al Otaiba, Group
-Chief Executive of Dar Al Maal Al Islami Khalid Abdulla-Janahi, Aramex Founder and Vice
-Chairman Fadi Ghandour, APCO Worldwide Founder and Executive Chairman Margery Kraus, Al-Mawarid Bank Chairman Marwan Kheireddine and Carbon Holdings Chairman and CEO Basil El-Baz.
Registration is to take place at the event.