In partnership with GoBeyond, IM Capital is launching a Masterclass for Business Angels (MBA), a one-year program that will take novice individual angel investors through a “learn & earn” methodology consisting of an education and investment track in SMEs in Lebanon. The aim of the program, which will start in September, is to create an informed investors' community in Lebanon with an impressive portfolio.
You're invited to an information session about the program by Brigitte Baumann, cofounder and CEO of GoBeyond, on Friday June 3, at the Berytech building, Beirut Digital District, Beirut.
MBA is a one year-long program where enrolled “novice” angel investors join a class of 10 to 20 individuals and commit $15,000 each in a common pool by investing in a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
Investor participants will get to meet MSMEs via pitching sessions every six to eight weeks and negotiate three or four investments per year. They will also benefit from GoBeyond's coaching in all aspects of the investment process and mentor entrepreneurs and contribute to the growth of their startups.
Participating investors will have the opportunity to:
- Monitor an investment portfolio and track its performance
- Review exit and liquidity options, company valuation, and understand the most common methodologies used to evaluate the valuation of a startup
- Understand the terms and conditions of shareholder agreements and the their impact on the deal
- Have a detailed guide to conducting due diligence from both an investor and an entrepreneur’s perspectives
- Learn about and review the fundamentals of financial reporting, analysis and tools relevant to angel investing
- Develop and refine an early-stage investing strategy
Leading Angels can become certified deal leaders and members of Go Beyond DL community with an access to InternaEonal MSME deal flows.