The challenge is a training course spanning 3 days, starting April 27, during which participants learn about the challenges in water preservation, consumption, sanitation and resource management in Jordan.
• Applications must be submitted by an individual, group, organisation or institution.
• Applicants are Jordanian or residents of Jordan.
• Interest to engage towards environmental sustainability must be clearly outlined.
• The submitted idea is a fresh and innovative approach to accelerating access, quality, and affordability of water and sanitation for people in Jordan.
• Good command of English (the training sessions will be held in English).
• Participants must be able to attend the training weekend in its entirety, and take part in the cewas Middle East startup program from July to November 2017 (followed by a 6 months coaching period).
Your business idea can fall into any of the following fields of action: community and capacity development, training and coaching, consulting, design and engineering, contracting and building, supplying and dealing, public or private service provision, and ICT innovations.
Participants will be brainstorming disruptive ideas and innovations to address these challenges, and develop them into businesses, which they’ll have to pitch to a judging panel.
The top 3 winners will secure a place in the cewas Middle East startup program 2017, where they will be able to test their ideas in real-life situations.
In addition, the first place winner will receive 3500 JD, and the second 1500 JD, to help jumpstart their ideas.
To apply for the challenge, fill out the application form here by 31 March, 2017.
If your ideas is selected, you will be invited to attend the training weekend, which will be happening from April 27 to 29, 2017.
Note that accepted applicants will be notified by April 10.