Next week, Wamda is bringing the MIT Media Lab to the Middle East for the very first time, hosted by twofour54 and Mubadala.
The MIT Media Lab is known for its unconventional research that seeds disruptive technologies, which have included the One Laptop per Child XO computer, LEGO Mindstorms, robotic artificial limbs, and E Ink.
From February 24th to the 27th, professors from the MIT Media Lab will be conducting hands-on trainings in four tracks:
- Food technology
- Health technology
- Sensors and networks
- Crowdmapping and Mobile Experience
Registration for the event is closed, but we invite the community to join us and partake in the event online! Here are 5 ways you can learn from the expertise of MIT professors and the community of entrepreneurs and builders that will join us in Abu Dhabi:
1) Apply here to join a Live Wamda Expert Hangout with Joi Ito, the Director of the MIT Media Lab, and a prolific investor in technology companies and advocate for emergent democracy and the sharing economy. We’ll host the Hangout on Wednesday, February 26th, at 2pm Abu Dhabi time (GMT +4).
2) Have a question for Joi? Even if you can’t join the Hangout, you can start asking him your questions on the Twitter hashtag #AskJoi, and we will compile the best to ask him live during our hangout on Wednesday.
3) Watch our live updates. This coming Monday, February 24th, we’ll kick off the workshop by posting live video updates every hour or so on the Wamda & MIT Media Lab Workshop Live Update page.
4) Join us live online on Wednesday, February 26th, at 2pm Abu Dhabi time (GMT +4) to watch our Hangout with Joi live at http://live.wamda.com.
5) Follow our live tweets on hashtag #WamdaMITML to join the conversation. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the future of innovation in the Middle East.