The Volkswagen Mobility Challenge is returning to the region this year and is looking for young entrepreneurs based in the UAE or KSA that have an idea or early-stage innovation aimed at changing the world of mobility. Startup ideas should fit in one or more of the following themes: car sharing, mobility services, parking management, In-car delivery, car connectivity, multi-platforms transportation, last-mile management, and ride-hailing.
Who can apply?
- Startup ideas that leverage tech in the mobility sector
- Passion for Tech and innovation and the automotive industry
- Drive to turn their ideas into real, scalable business ventures.
Finalists who submitted the most relevant, innovative and creative ideas will get treated to a round of workshops in January 2020 aimed at providing the tools needed to prepare startups for their pitch including value proposition, target market, competitive advantage, overall business model, innovation/scalability, and relevance to the “mobility” theme.
10 startups will have a few weeks after the workshops to hone their presentations for the Pitch Day happening on February 9, 2020, where the 5 finalists will be selected. Once selected, finalists will have a few days to make their last-minute tweaks before the public pitch competition in front of the official jury at STEP Conference in Dubai, taking place on February 12, 2020.
Winners will enjoy the following awards:
- Desking and business license/company setup provided by Dtec
- A Volkswagen car leased for 1 year to your team
- A trip to Germany to meet with some of the greatest minds in mobility and smart cities from the Volkswagen Group.
*All finalists will receive LinkedIn Premium accounts & free mentoring/ prototyping sessions.
- Application deadline - November 30th, 2019.
- Finalists Announced - December 10th, 2019.
- Pitch practice day with 10 teams – February 9th, 2020.
- Step Day 2 and Final teams pitch challenge – February 12th, 2020.