The Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Summit (WEEGS) is a significant collaboration between NAMA and UN Women, addressing women participation in the economy and the advancement of women in professional paths, and promoting equal opportunities for women entrepreneurs locally and globally. It also aims to contribute to advancing the women’s economic agenda of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Summit will be held every two years and will focus on women’s achievements in various economic sectors, give women access to the market and emerging economic sectors, as well as provide a platform to share best practices and commitment to action creating an enabling economy for women.
The summit will advance discussions with international decision-makers on best practices for women advancement and empowerment economically and professionally, as well as present strategies, opportunities, and case studies to empower women in sectors where they are underrepresented (including – but not limited to – procurement, finance, city planning and STEM) and encourage organizations’ commitment for action.
“Opportunity to Grow” Session:
- Business must be founded or co-founded by a woman who is also on the management team
- Based in the United Arab Emirates
- Have a ready business plan (pitch deck) including financial projections
- Have a trade license
- Be an operating business looking for visibility and scale up opportunities
- Have a one-minute video presentation (Youtube unlisted link)
- Tell us what makes your business competitive? Potential for viability, sustainability, actualization, and profitability
- Tell us who is on your team and how are they making your company a success?