Digital & Financial inclusion have transformative power on the economy, community and employment. Digital transformation initiatives have been held back for various reasons but the COVID-19 outbreak showed that the need for Digital transformation can no longer be ignored, especially for vulnerable communities.
Therefore, Seedstars Cairo is launching a hackathon: 'It’s Easier Online' under the theme “ ﻋﻠﺷﺎن اﻟﺷﻐل ﻣﯾﺗﺄﺛرش ” with 2 challenges. No eligibility criteria, entrepreneurs from rural areas have a priority.
Hackathon Challenge A:
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, bustling markets, such as Attaba, Mosky, Darb El Barabra had closed down. The vendors were losing money by the hour and consumers had no access to their needs. The reopening of the market on 13th April 2020 caused public health concerns with the virus’ contagion risk ramping up.
Hackathon Challenge B:
Farmers and producers in Upper Egypt don’t have access to a broad consumer base, especially with the limited movement between rural and urban areas. How to highlight speciality products in rural areas and transport them to urban areas.
- Incubated under Intelaq, incubator program by the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology
- Receive 200.000 EGP initial funding throughout the six months program by the ASRT
- Support from Seedstars to implement submitted Business Models
- Discounted Services from our partners
- Three Months Zvendo membership
- Six Months Vexls membership
- Support on Logistics and Data by Aramex
- 20.000 EGP Cash Prize for 4th and 5th places
The deadline to submit the applications is June 18th 2020.