This February, the Iran Entrepreneurship Association, an organization that works to empower the startup ecosystem in Iran, will host the second annual Iran Web and Mobile Conference.
On Feb 19 and 20th 2014, around 500 serial entrepreneurs, senior executives of leading companies in Iran’s tech sector, and top entrepreneurs from the Iranian diaspora to discuss the growing role of entrepreneurship, startups, e-commerce, mobile applications, and new trends in online marketing.
Each day of the conference will end with an award ceremony to honor the year's best websites and applications. Last year's event brought together around 400 people to celebrate the year's best and most noteworthy sites and products; this year, 9,000 websites and applications are competing for awards in various categories.
Current speakers include:
- Faranak Oskoei (Deputy at Iran Ecommerce Development Center)
- Sohrab Jahanbani, cofounder, GoNabit
- Salman Jariri, founder, DubaiBeat
- Daniel Bartel, founder StartupStuttgart
- Amir Esmaeil-Bozorgi, CEO, Conovi
- Herve Cuviliez, CEO, Diwanee
- Dan Toma, Director of Innovation, Deutsch Telecom
Interested parties can see more on the Web and Mobile Conference page, or register here.