The ICT market is Palestine is on the rise; in Gaza, some of the best emerging employment opportunities are in ICT, especially for women.
To further boost the ecosystem, the BiD Network just launched the ICT Challenge 2013, to offer a chance for ICT entrepreneurs in five emerging markets (Palestine, Burundi, Rwanda, Liberia, or Kosovo ) to compete for consultancy from Ernst & Young and the opportunity to pitch to ready investors. The ICT Challenge 2013 provides entrepreneurs with the assistance of the BiD Network coaching program and access to a network of like-minded entrepreneurs, coaches and investors.
One finalist from each country will be invited to attend and compete for first place at BiD Week in the Netherlands in late 2013.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Operating in one of the five target countries: Palestine, Burundi, Rwanda, Liberia, or Kosovo.
- ICT focused.
- Growth potential and a finance need of USD $10,000 to $1 million over the next three years.
- Have a positive social or environmental impact.
- March 30: Coaching deadline.
- June 30: Final deadline for full business plans.
- July: One finalist from each participating country will be selected by expert jury including our investment partners.
- Late 2013: BiD Week in the Netherlands: training, workshops, pitch sessions to investors, and award ceremony.
In Palestine, the BiD Network is partnering with Birzeit University, the Business Women Forum (BWF), the Business and Technology Incubator - The Islamic University of Gaza, and the Palestine Investment Fund (PIF).
To learn more about the competition or to apply, check out their website here.