Startup4IR by WEF and IFC
Startups4IR is a unique partnership between the World Economic Forum and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) aiming to bring together some of the most promising startups from the Arab region to take part in the World Economic Forum on the MENA, taking place at the Dead Sea in Jordan from May 19 - 21.
The forum will bring together over 1,000 government, business, and civil society leaders from more than 50 countries.
Accepted participants will have the opportunity to network with a community of influential policy-makers from the region, as well as leading CEOs, to help solve the most pressing issues facing the region.
The overarching theme of the forum will be that of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, where the convergence of digital information and technological advancements promises a new era in the global economy.
Under this theme, participants will examine in particular how new technologies can be harnessed to create employment opportunities, encourage entrepreneurial spirit and drive inclusive growth, especially among the younger generation.
After the application process, a reviewing committee, which includes some of the region’s leading venture capital firms, will be deciding based on an objective set of criteria who will be accepted.
To be eligible for consideration, companies must:
• Have received at least one round of funding
• Be generating revenue with demonstrated early success or have a working prototype that is ready to launch
• Have the potential to make a substantial long-term impact on Arab business and society
• Demonstrate a commitment to improving the state of the Arab world
• Not be a subsidiary or a joint venture
• If a later-stage startup, be an established leader or considered high-potential in their field
The deadline to apply is April 3. For more information and application, click here