Each year, an entire week is dedicated to celebrating entrepreneurship. For its fifth edition, Global Entrepeneurship Week will be hold in 115 countries across the world, with more than 33,800 activities will be organized from the 18th to the 24th of November 2013, all with one objective: to help people realize their potential to be entrepreneurs and innovators in order to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
Here are a few events across Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia you might find interesting:
- 21-23 Nov: Startup Weekend Oran
- 21-23 Nov: Startup Weekend Annaba
Not sure why you should do a hackathon? StartupBus’s participants explained why anyone should try once.
- 18-24 Nov: Various workshops and talks at CCI Dahra
Dahra’s Chamber of commerce and industry will offer workshops on business plans and business models, as well as talks on entrepreneurship & innovation.
- 16-18 Nov: L’entrepreneurship trip à Taghazout par StartupYourLIfe
Meet the StartupYourLife's community while they gather to meet, connect and exchange during brainstorming, team-building, camp fires, surf and yoga sessions, and meet Maptia, the intruiging Startup Chile and TechStars graduate. Contact email@example.com for more info or to register.
- 19 Nov, 18:45: Pitch Lab at New Work Lab, Casablanca
5 awesome startups, 5 minutes to impress
- 19-20 Nov: Showcase of ENACTUS’s social entrepreneurship projects, Casablanca
Meet the social projects of this international non-profit organization that supports student entrepreneurship to make the world a better place
- 20-21 Nov: Experience coworking at New Work Lab, Casablanca
Discover the art of coworking
- 21 Nov, 14:30: Pitching training with CEED, Casablanca
CEED will organize a pitching workshop focused on who are the key players (clients, partners, investors, employees) and how to present them your project.
- 21 Nov, 16-18:30: Café FIKRA & CEED "Business Dating"
A hundred people will gather to pitch their projects, exchange ideas, attend workshops, and connect with potential investors and clients.
- 21 Nov, 14-15:30: Oser l’Amérique (Why not America?) by CEED
A meeting for professionals, associations, and foundations to share about exporting to America.
- 22 Nov, 14-15:30: Oser l’Afrique (Why not Africa?) by CEED
A meeting for professionals, associations, and foundations to share about exporting to Africa.
- 23 Nov: Startup Cup by AMPII
The team behind the Startup Weekends is organizing a national Model competition for startups of less than 3 years. The applicatioons are closed but you can attend the pitch session and the 100,000 dhs award ceremony.
- 18-22 Nov: Open house at Cogite coworking space
Discover the brand new, first Tunisian coworking space.
- 22 Nov, 18: VC4Africa GEW Tunis meetup
Africa's venture capital community VC4Africa organizes a global series of VC4Africa meetups. This informal networking meeting will bring together local networks of entrepreneurs, angels and VC investors eager to be part of Africa’s next great success stories, at new coworking space Cogite.
Don’t miss any North Africa events: follow @wamdaFR.