- 3 mentorship sessions, 3 different topics.
- 1 hour each session.
- 6 entrepreneurs and 1-2 mentors per breakout group.
- Going around the table, each entrepreneur gets 5 minutes of mentorship.
During this time, it is essential that you come prepared with specific questions based on the topic being discussed. The 5 minutes are for you to leverage the mentors in your group.
After going through all 6 entrepreneurs (30 minutes), you will have 30 minutes of open discussion based on the session topic.
Prepare questions for each of the 3 topics below (here are some guiding questions to help):
Session 1: Team Building (1 hour)
- Recruiting a co-founder and key employees.
- Assessing your needs.
- Motivating and retaining your team.
- Training your team.
- Best practices for team collaboration.
- When and how to fire someone.
- Hiring / growing your team.
- Delegating tasks.
- Time management.
Session 2: Operations (1 hour)
- Business model scalability.
- Positioning your product/services.
- Expanding your business.
- Operations & fulfillment optimization.
- Sales & Marketing.
- Setting up a good sales structure.
- Accounting & finance.
- Legal issues.
Session 2: Raising & Managing Funds (1 hour)
- When is the right time to raise funds.
- Who to raise funds from and how much.
- What are investors looking for.
- How to perfect the pitch.
- How to negotiate the term sheet.
- Ensuring the business running while fundraising
- Managing cash flow and keeping proper books.
- Optimizing pricing models.