- 3 mentorship sessions, 3 different topics.
- 1 hour each session.
- 6 entrepreneurs and 1-2 mentors per breakout group.
- Going around the table, each entrepreneur gets 5 minutes of mentorship.
During this time, it is essential that you come prepared with specific questions based on the topic being discussed. The 5 minutes are for you to leverage the mentors in your group.
- After going through all 6 entrepreneurs (30 minutes), you will have 30 minutes of open discussion based on the session topic.
Topics and guiding questions:
Session 1: Team Building (1 hour)
- Recruiting / Firing (key) employees
- Assessing hiring needs
- Creating a company culture
- Performance tracking and incentive schemes
- Training the team
- Best practices for team collaboration
- Hiring internally vs externally
- Delegating tasks
- Time management
Session 2: Operations (1 hour)
- Business development and Partnerships
- Expanding into new markets
- Customer Service
- Fulfillment optimization
- Marketing and client acquisition techniques
- Distribution channels
- Setting up a sales structure
- Legal issues
- Picking and tracking metrics
Session 3: Raising & Managing Funds (1 hour)
- When is the right time to raise funds.
- Who to raise funds from and how much.
- What are investors looking for.
- How to perfect the pitch.
- How to negotiate the term sheet.
- Ensuring the business running while fundraising
- Managing cash flow and keeping proper books.
- Optimizing pricing models.
ACTION ITEMS- COME PREPARED:
Prepare specific questions and compile the challenges you face for each of the 3 topics above.
Prepare a quick introduction of yourself and your business.