In the 4th segment of the final panel at the Wamda MixnMentor Dubai event this November, Brian Sigafoos of Duplays discusses why he moved to the Arab world and how the Duplays team built the platform to offer the population alternatives to socializing in bars or over shisha.
Brian and Fadi Ghandour, CEO of Aramex, then discuss their challenges entering the Saudi Arabian market. Entrepreneurs may think it's hard today, Fadi explains, but Aramex spent 14 years working to get a license and tried 6 or 7 partners until they found the right one.
Finally, Joi Ito to explain some of the (mindblowing) technological developments that he witnesses at the MIT Media Lab that could change the face of entrepreneurship today.
Want more tips from our Mix N' Mentor panel? Check out what our panelists had to say about:
- Agility, Focus and the Power of Pull: Tips from Fadi Ghandour and Joi Ito
- Why Entrepreneurs Don't Need MBAs to Succeed
- How the Private Sector Can Support Startups
- Why Gamers Make Great Managers & Tips on Startup Culture
- Hiring and Scaling a Startup Culture
- Why Startups Should Support Sustainability
- Tips from Fadi Ghandour on Bootstrapping